Low level laser hair therapy (LLLT) is a revolutionary, non-surgical breakthrough for both men and women suffering the devastating effects of hair loss. Now it is easier than ever to achieve thicker, fuller, shinier, and healthier looking hair.
Both men and women experiencing early stages of hair loss may benefit from and see results from these type of treatments. The appearance of reduction of hair loss usually occurs after five to six treatments.
LLLT works by increasing blood flow to the scalp and hair follicles, encouraging hair volume and healthier looking hair.
LLLT treatments utilize a device containing therapeutic soft low level light lasers which delivers light energy directly to the scalp.
First developed in Europe, it has been used for improving hair volume and hair shaft quality and prolonging the life of hair color and improving hair colors and perms.
The low level lasers are “soft” lasers often referred to as “cold” lasers, and do not have the thermal-component to cut, burn or vaporize.
Laser therapy is applied for treating various medical conditions. The specific type of laser therapy, which is being applied for stimulating hair growth, is commonly known as Low-Level Laser Therapy or LLLT.
LLLT treatment work:
v The hair molecules absorb a specific wavelength of light when the laser is applied, increasing the energy levels of the molecules instantaneously.
v These molecules react by working off the extra energy with certain adaptive changes. The change may be both physical and chemical, and they might have biological impacts on the tissues or the scalp.
v However, this therapy is not a onetime solution for hair growth. One has to go for several sessions for actual benefit from the therapy.
LLLT Treatments Benefits
- Increases the blood supply to the scalp by 54% after only one treatment.
- Stimulates hair follicles.
- Stops the progression of hair loss in 85% of patients.
- Increased hair strength and elasticity.
- Fuller, shinier, softer, thicker hair.
- For post-operative transplant surgery, such treatments have been shown to help newly transplanted hair to thrive and increases the healing process.
- Repairs damage normally caused by chemical services.
- Research done on this particular therapy has proved that the LLLT is the best treatment for hereditary hair loss.
LLLT meets all international safety standards specifications of a “non-significant risk” product, and is classified as a Class IIIA cosmetic laser.